Check the possible oil leaks of the steering rack
The oil leakage parts that may be generated by the power steering rack include: the left and right ends of the steering gear, the oil pipe joint, the drive shaft and the entire outer casing.
Steps to further determine the location of the oil spill:
1 )Lift the vehicle and remove the left and right front wheels and the guards on the left and right sides of the steering gear.
2) Check the inside and outside of the dust cover at both ends of the steering rack. If oil is found inside the dust cover, it can be judged as oil leakage. Drying the dust cover indicates that there is no oil leakage at both ends of the steering gear.
3) Dry power steering rack housing and the connection with the oil pipe, and press the direction and stay at the left and right limit positions for 1-3 seconds, repeat several times; observe the possible oil leakage.
Judgment conclusion of oil leakage from steering rack
Strictly follow the above steps to check, if there is still no oil leakage, the steering gear has no oil leakage failure.
Note: This method is suitable for all hydraulic steering racks.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Engine technology features
- Engine winter maintenance problem
- How the engine works
- Engine fuel consumption is too large
- Diagnosis and elimination of engine fuel consum...
- Other factors affecting excessive fuel consumpt...
- Engine automatic flameout failure
- Related points of engine automatic flameout fau...
- The running part of a general vehicle is compos...
- Three typical structural forms of general-purpo...
- What is the Reasons of oil leakage from the ste...
- Steering rack oil spill emergency treatment method
- What is the maintenance method of steering rack...
- The danger of steering gear oil leakage
- How to break down steering gear
- How to replace power steering rack oil
- What are steering rack and tie rod structural c...
- How to overhaul the steering rack of the steeri...
- Know more about electric power steering rack
- unstable steering rack solution